Pain on urination, frequent urination, urine retention, often a fever. There may be a discharge. It becomes harder to urinate forcefully. The outstanding symptom is having to get up at night to urinate.
The prostate is doughnut-shaped male reproductive gland. It is under the urinary bladder and surrounds the urinary tube (urethra).
Muscles located within the prostate squeeze prostatic fluid into the urethral tract during ejaculation. Most of the semen consists of this fluid, which provides nourishment and protection for the sperm.
Prostate enlargement is also called benign prostatic hypertrophy. The prostate gland gradually becomes bigger. This occurs in half of all men over 50 and three-fourths of men over 70. It is probably the most common infirmity of aging in the human male. More than 500, 000 Nigerian men are afflicted each year.
It is believed that, with age, testosterone production and levels decrease and certain other hormones (prolactin and estradiol) increase. This results in more of a powerful form of testosterone, called dihydrotestosterone, in the body. This hormone causes an over-production (hyperplasia) of prostate cells-which causes the prostate gland to become larger.
As it does, it eventually tends to pinch the urethra and interfere with the flow of urine.
As a result, neither the bladder nor kidneys empty fully. This produces pressure which can damage them. Urination becomes more frequent ; and the urine flows more slowly. There may be difficulty in starting and stopping the How. Sometimes there is blood in the urine.
Here is how to check your own prostate:
The prostate can be fell (palpated) with the gloved finger. If you are going to do this effectively, you would need to examine it monthly.
The normal prostate is firm like an orange and about the size of a walnut. You would
reach into the rectum, to carry out this examination. The prostate is found at a depth in the rectum that is just comfortably in reach of the index finger. An acute case of enlargement may be hard while a chronic enlargement may be boggy. Tumors, either benign or malignant, tend to be irregular and nodular.
Although this section is not about prostate cancer. It will be briefly mentioned here. An enlarged prostate can become cancerous; but fortunately it always proceeds very, very slowly. So slowly, in fact, that an operation to remove the prostate, because of cancer, is generally not needed. This is because before the man is likely to die of prostate cancer, he is quite aged and dies of something else first.
But of course, you will want to consult your medical specialist.
Vasectomy for purposes of male sterilization, has been linked to prostate disorders and even cancer.
- Eat a nourishing diet, including vitamin / mineral supplementation, especially zinc.
- The diets of those who have prostate trouble are usually low in essential fatty acids (flaxseed oil and wheat germ oil are the best). Never heat these oils.
- Treat it with zinc, essential fattv acids (flaxseed oil, 1 tsp., three times a day). and a high-fiber diet which includes pumpkin seeds and alfalfa. Vitamin A (such as beta-carotene, 300, 000 IU a dav), vitamin C to bowel tolerance, chlorophyll (such as alfalfa), selenium (250 mcg, three times a dav), amino acids (alanine glycine, and glutamic acid ; 5 grams each, daily for 90 days), and cranberry juice (2 pints a day).
- The prostate contains more zinc than any other organ in the body. Take 30mg, 3 times daily, in the highly absorbable form of zinc picolinate or zinc citrate.
Tapper slowly to 60 mg daily; then taper down to 30 mg daily as symptoms recede. Also take 2 mg copper with every 30 mg (because zinc can cause a copper deficiency).
- Take high-lignan flaxseed oil (2 Tbsp.) twice daily, along with 400 IU vitamin E.
- Drinking cranberry juice can protect the urinary tract infection.
- Maintain optimal physical and emotional health.
- Regular exercise outdoors in the open air is important. Walking for an hour or two every day id excellent
- Increase fluid intake, in order to flush the kidneys and bladder of toxins and bacteria. Drink at least 48 oz. water daily, but no fluids after 7pm.
- Do not let the bladder become too full. Urinate as quickly as possible, when the urge comes. Try to completely empty the bladder each time.
- Where there is an acute condition, take hot sitz baths daily and add chamomile tea to the water.
- Sit 15-30 minutes daily in a partly full tub of hot water.
- Each day, 3 times, spray the lower abdomen and pelvic area with hot water for 3 minutes, alternating with 1 minute for cold.
- Also helpful is a short cold bath.
- A high charcoal and water enema helps the healing process. Use 1 cup of hot water to 1 teaspoon of powdered charcoal. Allow it to remain as long as possible.
- In order to increase circulation in the area, lay flat on your back on the floor. Then swing one leg across the other till the knee touches the floor and vice versa. Do this as many times as you can; eventually bring it up to 50 repetitions at a time.
- Daily eating of a special food mixture to keep the prostate from enlarging: Place a half-cup or so of fresh pumpkin seeds in a blender. Open 1 capsule of saw palmetto and pour it in. Add a few drops of licorice extract. Blend until smooth. (A few drops of flaxseed oil can be added to make it more spreadable.) Keep it refrigerated. Spread it on bread, eating a couple tablespoonfuls daily. Only mix small batches (enough for 2 days), so it will be fresh until eaten.
- Saw palmetto contains a compound which inhibits the action of the enzyme (testosterone-5-alpha-re-ductase) that turns testosterone into dihydrotestosterone-this preventing prostate enlargement. Saw palmetto is also a diuretic, increasing urine flow.
- Pumpkin seeds have been used for centuries to increase urine flow and help the prostate. The seeds contain cucurbitacins, which also helps prevent prostate enlargement. They also contain zinc, which is recommended for avoiding enlargement. In addition, Pumpkin seeds contain large amounts of three special amino acids: glutamic acid, glycine, and alanine. Each of these has been found to reduce enlarged prostates (given in doses of 200 mg of each, daily). Or eat 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds each day.
- Licorice contains a compound which also prevents the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone. (But eating it in large doses for years can produce headaches and other problems.)
- Two other herbs which researchers have found to reduce prostate enlargement are pygeum (5o mg of the bark extract, 2 times daily) and stinging nettle (2-3 tsp. of extract daily). Pygeum (pygeum aficanum) is an African evergreen tree; and extracts of the bark are used.
- Here is another formula for treating the prostate: Mix equal amount of cornsilk, buchu leaves, parsley, saw palmetto berries, kelp, and pumpkin seeds, plus a pinch of cayenne.
- Other helpful herbs include echinacea and goldenseal, for bactericidal purposes. Horsetail, combined with hydrangea, helps contract the prostate. Saw palmetto and cayenne are also useful.
- Do not eat junk foods, fried foods, spices, chocolate, nuts (especially cashews), or caffeine products.
- Do not drink alcohol or use nicotine.
- Avoid sexual stimulation without a natural conclusion (an orgasm). Continued stimulation leads to a prolonged engorgement. This is not good for the prostate. Keep your mind where it belongs. Do not look at anything hinting of a pornographical nature. Avoid everything that is sexually stimulating.
- Avoiding sexual activity as much as possible is the best way to care for your prostate in the older years.
- Avoid exposure to dampness or cold.
- Avoid constipation. This is important.
- Riding bicycles, motorcycles, or horses may injure the perineum, resulting in congestion of the prostate. Especially avoid riding bicycles.
- Do not sit for hours on padded seats in cold places (such as buses, trains, etc.). It keeps the healing blood from flowing in and out of your prostate.
- Avoid deep foam chairs. Whenever possible, sit on a hard chair. This reduces compression, which especially occurs when sitting in deep foam chairs.
- Many medicinal drugs, including pilocarpine, irritate the prostate.
No ailment as a matter of fact should be seen as an end point. The body has all it takes to naturally cure any disease. Nonetheless, it must always be serviced to have that capacity to heal itself.
In Halamin Herbal Center, we take pride in helping people treat these diseases and many others using our purely concocted herbal mixtures. No additives, No side effects, to abnormal experience that will affect daily lives.
We try to educate the public weekly on various health challenges and issues.
Where necessary, you could either reach us through our various contacts here.
In the coming days, we shall be taking each of these diseases and discussing them for the purpose of specificity and knowledge on the exact issues as well as natural methods required in dealing with each of it.
Facebook – @HalaminHerbalCentre
Twitter – @halaminherbals
Instagram – halaminherbalcenter
WhatsApp – +234 703 769 3593
Email – email@example.com
Don’t also forget to like, share and comment/ask questions to enable us know exactly what you want from us and how best we can help you reach your goals health-wise.